Why A Real-Time Connection Is Critical
Security remote services provide the convenience and control we need, but are all connections the same? Just as many security users may do, I often leave my house in a hurry… without arming my system. Now with Total Connect, I use my smart phone or PC to arm my system, quick and easy…without the drive back home.
But what if in my rush I left a door or window open? Total Connect is a real-time connection that automatically gives me the current status of the system prior to arming, so I don’t accidently arm the system with open zones.
So what is real-time?
- Direct connection from the end user to the end device
- Automatic status of current zones and arming condition
- No need to manually refresh to receive a status update
What is not real-time?
- Making a connection on a defined interval to provide status updates or execute commands
- Having to do a manual refresh to find out current zone status
- Adding the risk of blindly arming with open zones
Is your remote service solution providing you with a real-time connection?
Here’s a quick video clip demonstrating a real-time connection